In our ninth edition of Delving into Data, we review some housing market area analysis and highlighting the key stories we have identified.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the UK postcode areas with the highest proportion of available rental properties are all London based; four of the top five areas by rental property availability are inner London regiions, with the city of Leeds (pictured above) completing the top 5.
- Leeds also ranks for the two highest postcode districts in the UK for rental availability, with two districts offering 14.5% and 10.6% availability (for comparison, the next highest district, belonging to Newcastle-upon-Tyne, has 7.5% availability and only 11 districts with greater than 3% rental availability).
- The top 10 postcode areas with the least rental property available are all either in Scotland or Wales. The English postcode with the least rental property availablity is Hereford, with just 0.2% of all properties in this area available to rent. Interestingly, Hereford is also the 6th most in demand rental area, where rental properties currently on the market have only been so for 77 days.
- Since the start of December 2016, many properties have progresed to 'exchanged' status, while in contrast, 'withdrawn' properties have remained largely at the same level for the past 6 months.
- Property fall throughs have remained at a very low level since the turn of the year; a rate that has not fluctuated since the begining of our report.
Look out for our next Delving Into Data feature coming soon on our Insights page.
For more information about TwentyCi's property data insight and other services, please call 01908 829300 or email email@example.com