Matt Hawkins, our Removal and Storage Sales Manager, alongside Steve Pearce from Rubicon Marketing, recently gave a presentation at the BAR Conference in Cardiff addressing the issue of marketing and marketing strategy in the Removals and Storage industry.
The session aimed to help Removal businesses understand their marketing, by giving some best practice tips and advice on how to target customers and gain new leads.
This guidance revolved around four key steps:
1. Identifying your customers
- Look back at previous moves to see what type of customers/properties chose your business - this will give you a good idea of your target audience.
2. Identify which channels to target these customers through
- Businesses should be practising multichannel marketing. This might include online channels such as promotion via your website, using social media and paid-for ads, as well as the more traditional offline routes such as direct marketing and phone calls.
- Prioritise the channels that your identified customers are using.
3. Understand what messaging should you be using to speak to these customers
- You need to be sending the right message, to the right customer at the right time - this message also needs to be consistent through all channels
- Your website homepage should clairfy three key messaging componants: (1) What is your business about? (2) What makes you different?, and (3) Have you set the right expectations?
4. Making the most of your leads once you have them
Read our top 10 tips here, to get the very best from your Removal leads.
To download and read the full presentation, click here.